Monday, February 16, 2009

The other half of the OMG story

The Big Day of Announcement has arrived - At the end of the post you will agree how dreadful the experience can be ;-)....

For some strange reason I felt its my moral responsibility to tell my team first in office. So at 10:00 in the morning, I sent a mail to the team asking junta for a short meeting.
I guess the location of the meeting sent some wrong signals coz I asked everyone to assemble in my manager's room.

People gathered one after the other and like any other meetings , I had to make some multiple catcalls to get everyone together. Every time we have some sort of a team meeting I feel like I am facing a trial with a bunch of attorneys and this was no different.

So before I lost the nerve,I just blurted "I got engaged during the weekend".

The look I got from the team was "How can UUUUUUUUUUUUUU get engaged?" "Which fool of an ass would get hooked to u ?".

This reaction from the guys didnt add any relief for my already cracked nerves but hey come-on ,I shud have expected this ;-). The guys outside the room must have thought I am having one of those 360 degree feedback sessions ......and I was getting looks of sympathy and pity

So this was just the beginning. At the end of this ordeal one sweet box from KC Das was empty :-(

Learning:1 - Choose the right venue for a wedding announcement ........and it should never be a manager's cubicle/room.

Keep watching this page for more learnings on wedding announcements ;-)

1 comment:

  1. I still wonder why there was nervousness in you just to say u got "engaged". I find it really strange, its supposed to be happy moment in life and you should have no hesitation in letting others know abt it. After seeing this, your own words "Which fool of an ass would get hooked to u ?" does make lot of sense :) lol. Any ways congrats once again hope to see more on this blog.

    ReplyDelete